View Single Post
Old 16-04-2016, 18:38   #11
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Climate Change - record World temp. rises in Feb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
And how do we "know" if it was a gradual incremental increase or jumps back and forth, a "two steps forward, and one step backwards" type of thing? To get to the Ice age in the first place, the planet had to cool down all by itself.
I am not a geologist so I am forced to take their findings as they tell them. From what I know though it's to do with the formation of sediment and rock. They can tell how they were formed, under what conditions, and how long they took given a degree of leeway. They know for example when the asteroid that wiped out (or probably wiped out) the dinosaurs hit because of a sudden and dramatic but small layer in large rock formations.

The planet does cool down itself. There are a number of natural processes that allow this but which I don't understand. It's why they changed the name from global warming to climate change because the effect isn't even.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote