View Single Post
Old 14-07-2019, 16:31   #707
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Leadership who is the next PM?

Pierre, continuing our discussion about the next PM:

Quote:
---Quote (Originally by ianch99)---
I can see that you are trying to justify the choice of Johnson as PM but why justify it?
---End Quote---
No I’m not. Just saying I don’t think he’s a racist.

---Quote---
is he fit to rule the country at this most critical time?
---End Quote---
I don’t think he’ll take us into a war, I don’t think he’ll take us into financial Armageddon......I mean he might, but that doesn’t predispose him from becoming PM does it?

---Quote---
Don't hide behind tribal constructs, be honest and ask the question: is he capable of making objective, mature and insightful decisions regards the nation's future destiny. Don't compare him to a choice of two, compare him to the decades past and then answer honestly.
---End Quote---
I don’t know, i’m Willing to see what he can do.
I am curious why you do not take the position of Seph, for example, and conclude that neither are fit to be the PM?

I concede that concluding Johnson is racist is quite a subjective decision. Some believe what he has said constitutes dog whistle racism and some think that he is just being "Boris". This avenue of criticism is a bit of a side show to be honest.

My main concern is that he does not have the temperament to make the correct "big" decisions at the right time. His recent interviews highlighted this. Supporting someone because he is telling you anything you want to hear is not a ringing endorsement.

Any old snake oil salesmen can promise anything but a PM needs to be make of the "right" stuff and I feel that Johnson is not cut from that cloth.