View Single Post
Old 18-05-2021, 11:16   #24
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Fed up with Amazon prime phone calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
i think Ive mentioned this before, but we simply dont answer unless the number comes up as known (ie programmed in).
Anything else goes to the answer machine. Genuine callers who want to get in touch will leave a message. Scammers/sales/whatever obviously do not.
I do the same, but the only issue with this is that if you are in regularly use your GP and/or have medical appointments etc, you may miss a important call.

This happened to me once last year when I ignored a "withheld number" and it happened to be a hospital consultant calling my house and they rarely call anyone at home.

Many hospital and GP surgeries use extensions and these show up on Caller ID as withheld numbers or unknown numbers, so people should just be aware of this.

The only other issue that I'm getting is that Indian call centres are calling from my immediate local number. My area code covers around 100k people, but the next digit after that is specific to my town only and that's the numbers that are calling my house now. And as the numbers are so local, I have answered some of them, thinking they might be neighbours or something.

Last edited by Horizon; 18-05-2021 at 11:21.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote