Thread: Tivo V6 Free V6 box
View Single Post
Old 18-02-2018, 08:24   #306
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Free V6 box

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
I don't know how the iPhone bars are calibrated, but -71dBm isn't a poor signal. It's about average. An iPhone connected to an SH3 at -71dBm will typically get a connection speed in the 150 to 200Mbps range. If you don't get those speeds, you've got a WiFi interference problem.

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:39 ----------

The V-HD will be phased out in the fairly near future, but not two months. As you're getting a manned installed, I suggest you explain to the installer that you want to keep the V-HD for now. I can't see him arguing.
I liked the VHD box, quick, uncomplicated and silent. Some customers just want to watch TV and aren't interested in apps, steaming etc. If VM provided a decent catch up service instead of running it down over the last few years, recording becomes irrelevant.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote