Thread: 500M Check my levels please
View Single Post
Old 17-03-2021, 16:42   #22
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Check my levels please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire16 View Post
post-rs colum tells you how many errors have been corrected
Wrong, the post rs-errors column are the number or errors which remain after the shub has attempted to correct the errors. If for example you have 10 pre-errors and 3 post-errors, it means 7 were fixed and 3 remain. When this happens the post-errors are basically dead data and need to be re-transmitted again which means your data transfer takes longer because things are having to be sent twice. Mine are 0 across the board and a) you shouldn't have them across every single channel and b) not in the tens of thousands. You have also got T3 timeouts on every upstream channel.

When you ring them back tell them and ask them what they are going to do to fix it. If they give you some bullshit answer of "we have checked everything and are confused as you are" tell them they can start replacing everything starting with the cheapest thing first and working their way up until they find out what is causing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire16 View Post
Still terrible? , does anyone on these forums work for virgin media?
There are 5 people that I know of but I think only one of them will be able to help. I'll send him a pm and see what he thinks.

Last edited by General Maximus; 17-03-2021 at 16:46.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote