View Single Post
Old 23-09-2021, 13:30   #420
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: GB News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Maybe Sky? Maybe free lancing and doing the 'big interviews' for the BBC, ITV or C4 come the next election?

It's a shame because I thought he was a great interviewer so I wish he had been a bit more diplomatic in his departure from the BBC. He seemed to take unnecessary shots at them upon leaving.

He seems to have been a bit arrogant in not appreciating the importance of this production crew at the BBC given how little importance was paid to that when setting up GB News and his subsequent frustration when the consequences of that became clear with all the mistakes and quality issues.
Would a broadcaster like Sky want a 75-year-old white male who's associated himself with the right-of-centre doing the big interviews with politicians?
I can see him doing a series eg interviews of figureheads eg Andrew Neill interviews ex-Prime Ministers for Channel 5 or yesterday but I think his days of making the news are over.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote