View Single Post
Old 07-10-2021, 16:18   #10737
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
It also has an aerial socket and can work with any ISP. But we don't know if it can work as a normal smart TV with Freeview if there's no Sky subscription in place.

Maybe the Puck pricing will come down in the future, this could be early adopter pricing.
I read that it has a backup mode that uses a DVB-T2 tuner, the RXTVlog article has specs that says as much, but the person (not RXTVlog) got the impression it was being disabled for the UK market.

I'll see if I can find that source again, maybe I misunderstood.

Various articles have said you can only use it with one Pay TV supplier, but I don't see how they can stop you if it has HDMI sockets, they can't exactly monitor the HDMIs and blank the screen only when a rival's device is being used, they could only disable them completely, but why have them if they did that?
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote