View Single Post
Old 17-08-2019, 23:50   #6116
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
It's an interesting point, with Sky Atlantic remaining an exclusive to Sky customers and Virgin TV Ultra HD the equivalent for Virgin Media customers.

The Rook and The Feed are the first exclusive content on Virgin TV Ultra HD, but as you say the Netflix shows have value for non Netflix subscribers.

Meanwhile, since the end of Game of Thones the ratings on Sky Atlantic have taken a complete nosedive...

May 0.82% > June 0.31% > July 0.17%

It's a shame that Virgin TV Ultra HD isn't available to all Virgin Media customers, not just the top tier ones, as it massively limits its potential audience, although I fully understand they are also trying to use it to get people upgrading.
Youch! That's quite a ratings drop.

I kinda agree with you regarding the VM Ultra HD channel not being for all customers, however there's less and less in the Maxit tier, they need something there to have enough customers on it to make the numbers work for the BT deal, there needs to be something for those that don't want BT Sport in order for there to be enough of them to subsidise it for those that do. Currently, as I understand it, the only exclusives to Maxit (i.e. not in Personal Picks add-on packs) are basically BT Sport, a few HD versions of SD channels, Boxsets and Ultra HD channels.