Thread: Anorexia
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2018, 18:48   #24
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Anorexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Nah, my niece loves/loved food, she was chocolate mad.

I think it's the end of the road for her and her GF. they've not seen each other for a week, and my niece say's she has't missed her.

But does she really, and could this make the situation worse.

As it stands unless she is admitted next week she will be comming on holiday with us, but we will measure all the food, she eats not her.

Talking to my mum I felt bad in saying "I hope she does get admitted as it could be the best option."
Don't force her to eat, be mindful of what she does eat and if you can find out what worries her most about what she eats this can help.

My daughter became obsessed with exercise whilst she was in the midst of anorexia. Fortunately this gave us a way of encouraging her to eat protein rich foods and carbs so she got the energy to exercise. She is still very wary of too much butter or oil, but otherwise is well and now does not exercise excessively. She walks a lot and cycles in moderation.

Whilst she was away at uni, we used to eat together over skype. It meant I could see what she was eating and suggest energy boosters.

Also getting the right therapist is essential.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote