Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2020)
View Single Post
Old 23-06-2020, 19:54   #852
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
But apart from Sky Atlantic, what other channels worth watching are there? Plenty of junk channels, sure, but I would never watch them, would you?

I prefer the way you can access on demand directly rather than having to download it as you do with Sky. I also do not like the fact that you cannot record anything on the additional mini-boxes.

I'm not sure if you can bookmark programmes on Sky, but that is a very useful feature on the V6. I have about 100 films bookmarked on 'My Shows', alongside my recordings. We have been having 'film matinees' on the rainy days during the lockdown and my wife could not believe the good choice that had been accumulated. We could never have found the disk-space to record that lot!

Also, am I right to say that some channels on Sky have been downgraded to SD? I think VM may have more HD channels than Sky now.

The only thing I would complain about regarding the TV side of VM's operation is the UI, which is a bit outdated now, but that should be resolved with the introduction of Horizon 4 later this year. It's just a shame that the content of the channels has deteriorated so much in the last few years.

---------- Post added at 18:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

Well, true, but as it will not happen, it is not something to concern VM subscribers. The future is in streaming, anyway.
Tbf to you i find 90% of my viewing is done via streaming, but nice to have SKY/freeview just incase something goes wrong with my bb.
Plusnets tv is delivered via bb too so that makes BT, Talktalk and plusnet online tv providers plus vodafone is apparantly launching their tv service soon too via internet.

---------- Post added at 19:54 ---------- Previous post was at 19:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I'm more referring to the user interface , Virgin Tivo is now looking dated in my opinion and it seems in some regions their network is up and down like a yo-yo.

I guess its what you get used to , we've had Sky Q since launch so using it is second nature so I'm sure many who have had tivo since launch find it the same. I guess its what suits the individual user the best.
I do like SKYQs interface.