Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2020)
View Single Post
Old 23-06-2020, 18:28   #850
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Virgin are pretty good when it comes to cost where they fall down in our house is the TV side of things.
But apart from Sky Atlantic, what other channels worth watching are there? Plenty of junk channels, sure, but I would never watch them, would you?

I prefer the way you can access on demand directly rather than having to download it as you do with Sky. I also do not like the fact that you cannot record anything on the additional mini-boxes.

I'm not sure if you can bookmark programmes on Sky, but that is a very useful feature on the V6. I have about 100 films bookmarked on 'My Shows', alongside my recordings. We have been having 'film matinees' on the rainy days during the lockdown and my wife could not believe the good choice that had been accumulated. We could never have found the disk-space to record that lot!

Also, am I right to say that some channels on Sky have been downgraded to SD? I think VM may have more HD channels than Sky now.

The only thing I would complain about regarding the TV side of VM's operation is the UI, which is a bit outdated now, but that should be resolved with the introduction of Horizon 4 later this year. It's just a shame that the content of the channels has deteriorated so much in the last few years.

---------- Post added at 18:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
That quoted by vm to me was apparantly "a very special offer" according to sales guy.
The total was a combination of 2 companies sky offered me BB for £25p/m but i hate site blocking as sometimes linux needs torrents to update which is perfectly legal.
Plusnet as it stands do not block hence why i chose them for BB plus i can use my own router.
Also VM are at the mercy of SKY and BT if both decide they don't want VM to have their channels (very unlikely to happen) then what would vm have to offer?
Well, true, but as it will not happen, it is not something to concern VM subscribers. The future is in streaming, anyway.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote