Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2020)
View Single Post
Old 28-12-2019, 21:16   #13
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I probably missed it, but any idea where the content of Universal is moving to (at all) ?
New episodes of Law & Order:SVU are already on Sky Witness, Chicago Med is moving there too. I have no idea about the rest.

---------- Post added at 20:16 ---------- Previous post was at 19:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Why would anyone sit down to watch linear shows if you have the means to watch the show when you want to watch it, I just don't get why some people are tied to watching something when it's broadcast, the only difference is of course live sport.
Though in the most I agree, and I usually don't watch linear live, it sometimes makes little difference. Aside from watching any time you feel like, the other main reason for watching on-demand shows is no advertising breaks.

The problem there is many on-demand services still have adverts and they are unusually unskippable, so at least linear channels you can record them and high speed fast-forward them. On-demand on VM often has ads and there is only one speed to the fast-forward, and sometimes the playback crashes and you have to start again.

So if the on-demand option available has ads, there's one less advantage so live watching. So impatient people will just watch live.

If it were me I'd record the linear broacast, and start watching it once it's recorded enough to skip ads without catching up. I sometimes even do it with live sport, if it's on an ad-channel.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote