View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 11:25   #735
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

Arthur hits the nail on the head there. People on benefits will refuse any job that doesn't pay enough. I'm realistic enough to realise that I won't be getting a position that pays 7 or 8 pound an hour for a 40 hour working week. I would be happy with minimum wage for 40 hours a week.

I remember once whilst waiting in the Jobcentre a man was sitting with his advisor and she was telling him he needed to apply for any job to make sure he didn't get sanctioned. He turned around and said he wouldn't work for anything less than £25,000 a year. This is without any qualifications or work experience. He said why should he work for less than that.

It is because of the attitudes of people like him that make companies go out and employ foreign labour.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote