View Single Post
Old 27-07-2017, 09:19   #63
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Petrol & diesel vehicles ban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Again though it's not as if we're talking about a hypothetical technology where. Electric engines power sports cars right now. Tesla may be at the cutting edge of electric car technology now but in a decade it will seem primitive to what we'll have then.

There seems to be a belief in this debate that it'll never catch on and/or the hurdles are too great for it but that seems to be missing the fact that it's already happening. Volvo will be electric only in just a few years.

The only real hassle I see to a country full of electric cars is generating the energy to do so. But that is a sink or swim moment for the country anyway, we've needed to address this problem for over a decade and so we need more power plants and more renewable energy. Solar panels continue to get more and more efficient in terms of energy generated per panel. We're building one nuclear power plant, let's have more.

The country has to stop saying 'No' to everything and acting as if we're a dying horrible nation in a state of managed decline. We need to address the issue of pollution and we need to address power supply.
i hope these nuclear power plants are going in your backyard not mine , and who's this we you keep banging on about from where i'm sitting it's you i'm totally against nuclear it's dangerous .