Thread: US Timeline Star Trek: Discovery
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2023, 17:59   #513
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Star Trek: Discovery

I’m not a fan of musical episodes. They started out as a symptom of ideas running out, which is forgivable when you’re 5 seasons in to a series commissioned for broadcast 20-25 weeks of the year. Not so much when you’re only 2 seasons in to a show that only gets 10 episodes per year. At that length, there’s no room for filler and no excuse for a dearth of ideas on one of the most famous and extensive universes on TV. I think the SNW musical episode was good … for a musical episode. I still wish they’d done something with a bit more substance though. The LD crossover was really well done on the other hand. I think they worked through the differences in tone and pace of the animated show quite cleverly.

I very much hope that Star Trek: Legacy (is that a fan title?) gets made but I fear Paramount is doubling down on Discovery-era Trek and we are first likely to get a Starfleet Academy series after Discovery, given that they have been seeding the new academy since the start of the last season and even gave it a back-door pilot (‘All is Possible’, S4 E4).

Last edited by Chris; 09-12-2023 at 18:04.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote