View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 15:54   #15
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: OFCOM forcing some EPG changes for PSB channels on all platforms

Media Boy, that suggested layout was what I thought they meant when I made my first post in this thread, but as I said in my last post I think I was wrong in my interpretation based on them not mentioning BBC Scotland channel on VM, this suggests they are happy with how VM have implemented the dual positioning of that channel on 108/162.

If OFCOM, as it seems, are OK with that then S4C only has to move in Wales, and I believe 108 in Wales is empty after the big BBC HD switch, so it would be a fairly obvious to have similar 108/166 strategy for it. BBC Alba isn't as obvious, but again it only needs to change Scotland, it can remain on 161 for rest of UK.

Maybe it's more clear in the full documentation, but the wording and layout by OFCOM in that table are pretty ambiguous and open to various interpretations.

With a year and half to go I don't think any platform will implement these changes until 6 months to go at the earliest, unless opportunities arise where it would be done in conjunction with other changes.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote