View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 20:12   #4
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: OFCOM forcing some EPG changes for PSB channels on all platforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
I agree it’s ridiculous and I’m Scottish. I’ve never watched BBC Alba, although some football fans will as there are some football games shown on the channel (with Gaelic commentary).
Same. And the only thing I've watch on BBC Scotland channel is The Beechgrove Garden, which only moved as BBC2 went deregionalised up here. These channels only need to be regionally prominent.

And though it wasn't said in the article, if the priciple is universal, as it appears to be, it would also mean BBC Scotland channel on VM being moved up for those outside Scotland.

An interesting aside is that when the BBC promote The Nine every night they only use the HD channel number on Freeview. They clearly are fine promoting only Ch115 rather than Ch9.

Given all these forced changes have until early 2021 to be implemented I wouldn't be surprised if many of the platforms left it late in the hope that changes in the TV market in the meantime will help make it as painless as possible. E.g. if Sky Basics decided to go HD-only on VM during this time period that would free up two slots in the specified Top 24 range.

Last edited by cheekyangus; 08-07-2019 at 20:23.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote