Thread: General New TV advice
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2018, 19:28   #37
cityfan247
cf.addict

Services: Full House 2 V6 Boxes 1 1TB Tivo Freesat Freeview HD Roku Apple TV 3 Firesticks
cityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to behold
Re: New TV advice

Yes newer sets tend to have a much thinner bezel so you can get a bigger screen taking the same or less space.

The 49" LG has replaced a 7 year old 46" Panasonic and is no bigger in terms of actual dimensions. (weighs a lot less as well)

Had the TV a couple of days now. Have tweaked the picture settings on the advice of some of the posters on here so thank you.

The only 4K stuff I actually get right now is limited to WebOs apps like BBC I player. So i havent got too fixated on things like Ultra HDR settings. I may have to upgrade my Netflix subscription from the basic level but I am very happy with the picture and the sound surpasses any TV i have ever had before.

As I said before I am not a TV enthusiast to the extent that i would spend £1K + and be hooked up on whether it was 10 bit or RGBW tech and all or spend ££ to have the very best 4K content.

I wanted a good TV that was to an extent future proof at an affordable price. Hopefully I will have achieved that.

Again thank you everyone who has provided advice and insight.
cityfan247 is offline   Reply With Quote