View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 11:47   #5416
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Eon sending me an email saying they 'need' to replace my meters with a smart meter, well that is a load of bollocks..... and it isn't going to happen any time soon!
That’s because the U.K. Government has set them targets to install Smart Meters by the end of 2020, and they will be fined if they don’t meet those targets (even though it’s not compulsory for customers to have them...).

Suppliers have been told by the Government to try to install smart meters in all the UK’s 50 million homes and businesses by the end of 2020. If they fail to do enough, they face fines of up to £7 billion.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/smart-meters-how-they-work
Quote:
The government requires energy companies to install smart meters for their customers, and has set out rules to ensure that they do this in a way that is in the interests of consumers, including rules around:

data access and privacy
security
technical standards for the smart metering equipment
meeting the needs of vulnerable consumers
Smart meters will be rolled out as standard across the country by the end of 2020. But there is no legal obligation on you to have one.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote