View Single Post
Old 22-09-2017, 12:35   #4677
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Thanks everyone and that is exactly that, he is our dog and we got him from the cat and dog home to live in his forever home in where he quickly settled into family life.

Yesterday he went in for a scan and the vet discovered many tumors in him. The vet did not do a biopsy, he was not willing to do a biopsy for two reasons and what he told us was the main reason was he feared our dog would bleed to death as he felt he may not have been able to stop the bleed therefore to risky, then went on to say what he was 99.9% certain what we were facing due to the scan results and his symptoms.

The vet is 99.9% certain our dog has prostate cancer and unfortunately is a very invasive and aggressive disease. Hubby discussed all options with the vet and decided to bring him home with the medication he needs with the understanding this will not prolong his life but give him a better quality of life hopefully.

Many tears last night as we know we only have a very short time left with him but we will continue to put what is best for him, no matter how hard.

Today my heart is breaking every time I look at my youngest I see he has been crying then I look at my dog and the tears just flow. I have looked at his post-operative care instructions and the vets notes and he has lost 1kg since his last weigh in, he is now 18.7kg, body condition score (BCS) 4/9 which now means for the first time in his life he is under weight.

I have stopped Googling - How long does a dog have to live with prostate cancer?

I have also stopped asking myself could I have noticed any sooner but how could I as we have taken him to the vet monthly sometimes twice a month so far this year as it just seemed to be one thing after another. He just seemed to be getting one thing sorted then another new symptom would appear and I cannot help think are these all related, did I miss anything.

Last edited by weenie; 22-09-2017 at 13:10. Reason: I had written 187kg instead of 18.7kg
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote