Thread: Football Euro 2020
View Single Post
Old 15-07-2021, 13:06   #155
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Euro 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I would argue than any measures/gestures to “reduce” racism have spectacularly failed. Given how anyone who has an online presence believes that gives hem the right to be heard I’d say racism is just as bad today than it’s ever been.
I don't think racism can be as bad as it's ever been. There was a time where there were 'no blacks, no Irish' signs when a black footballer was a point of contention and got abuse from the stands and the Brixton riots were only 40 years or so.

Yes, social media has emboldened people but these are cowards hiding being anonymous IDs from anywhere in the world. This is also the very thing the current discussion is aimed at addressing. The fact it's sparked such a reaction and is universally supported by the tabloid press and a majority of the public shows it is better IMO.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote