Old 15-07-2021, 12:19   #154
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Euro 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
This isn't that goal. Their goal is to raise awareness of where racism still exists and to get the public behind other measures to reduce it.

Which is a success. Hopkins has a much larger platform on Twitter and now she is reduced to Parler and only has a hardcore audience. There was someone who got 200,000-1,000,000 views on YouTube promoting theories about black people and IQ. YouTube banned him and so he moved to Bitchute where he gets in the low thousands.

Pushing people off large platforms and into the margins of the Internet is a success.

The England team's stand against racism and the subsequent abuse some of them received and caused a public outcry and now you have popular opinion, the press and the Government putting pressure on social media companies to remove racist accounts quicker and to algorithmically and proactively detect racist slurs and remove those too.

Hardcore racists aren't going away but we can keep pushing them further and further from the mainstream until all they are is bitter people shouting out of the window because no one else is willing to give them a platform or an audience.
I would argue than any measures/gestures to “reduce” racism have spectacularly failed. Given how anyone who has an online presence believes that gives hem the right to be heard I’d say racism is just as bad today than it’s ever been.

As unlikely as I think it is to happen, should Trump get back in at their next election racism will be back with a vengeance.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote