View Single Post
Old 18-07-2018, 11:42   #4422
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

I agree, it will be interesting to see what happens to Netflix in the US when the Disney content is removed. That doesn't affect Netflix here, as that's covered by a separate deal.

For most of us, the whole reason for subscribing to Netflix was to watch a range of films and shows from different studios and broadcasters. But when one of these companies threatened Netflix about five years ago with removal of content, Netflix had to start making its own stuff or face possible oblivion. The shoe is on the other foot now.

As you say, unlike Amazon which does separate out its own made stuff from "exclusive" content, Netflix just has everything under the originals badge, but it does still have a vast library now of its own made stuff, but obviously nowhere near as much as Disney and far, far behind Disney and Fox content put together.

---------- Post added at 11:42 ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I am sure that, sooner or later, you will be able to subscribe to a package of streaming services with Virgin. I believe that is the way to go.
I've said before (perhaps in this thread) that I believe in the end, there will be a core group of broadcast channels. Most of the sat/cable pay channels will wither away and then there will be about three or four main streamers.

300+ channels is not sustainable and have streaming too. People can only watch so much television, something has to give.