View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 10:35   #14
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts
Re: That's TV accused of milking TVL payers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It is. But that doesn't mean that local TV cannot work.
Channel M here in Manchester was how local TV should have been done. Plenty of local news with regular bulletins and proper local programming.

It was run by The Guardian (group) in conjunction with Salford Uni. It ran for a while but then ran out of cash in the end I think and they ceased due to the new local TV act coming in and it went rapidly downhill from there. Several other technical problems also contributed to it's demise.

I watched the news on a regular basis and some of the local shows as it was local unlike Granada Reports which was anything from Chester to Carlisle.

Had they started later, with the subsidy from the BBC, I have no doubt it would still be around.
spankysmagicpian is offline   Reply With Quote