Thread: Tivo V6 Retention Dept gone?
View Single Post
Old 15-05-2019, 20:08   #69
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Retention Dept gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
This goes totally against your capitalist beliefs though.
Capitalism is best where there is light regulation to ensure fairness.

I don't think encouraging bullying behaviour by those who think they can just break through all the rules to get what they want while the more polite of us get a worse deal because they weren't prepared to be pushy and rude.

I used to think that you were all for fairness and equality, Richard.

---------- Post added at 20:04 ---------- Previous post was at 19:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I’m inclined to agree that at first it appears unfair, but why should you lose out if I, or anyone else, aren’t as assertive or persistent? If it’s not worth the price offered take your custom elsewhere.
Assertive/persistent or discourteous/rude and pushy?

These are not traits I want to see encouraged in British society. I agree with Mythica. It is not right that some should be paying less for getting the same service.

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
That’s the free market though. If you don’t provide me what I want, at a price I’m willing to pay, I’ll take my money elsewhere.

It makes sense to discount to maximise revenue across the potential customer base. If there were fewer customers then the fixed costs would be absorbed across a lower customer base and everyone loses out.
Your first paragraph I agree with. But to get more customers and retain custom, the same rules should apply to everybody.

It is your right to go steaming off to another company, but you wouldn't do that if they applied the same rules of fairness to everyone, unless they were actually a better proposition for everyone with the same needs who could also get that service for the same price as you.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote