Old 15-05-2019, 13:50   #63
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: Retention Dept gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Any call centre environment will have its staff performing to targets with the aim of minimising discounting, again that’s just how the system works across Virgin, Sky, Vodafone, EE, o2 and anyone else who does it.

When I got rid of SkyQ in favour of Virgin I kept getting call backs that were progressively worse.

I’m not sure we are in a minority - the Martin Lewis website and HotUkDeals websites are both popular and have a ton of information. If someone can afford the product without needing to research or discount then great, but it’s a fundamental contradiction to capitalism to remove differentiated pricing. If we want regulated pricing because the market is so important then it should be in state ownership or have controls on profits.
But you shouldn't get a cheaper price because you phoned at 8:16am and spoke to John when I might phone at 15:30 and speak to Julie

We are in the minority. Speak to the average person on the street and they wont have a clue. I've told countless people about hotukdeals.
It's my personal belief that we shouldn't be paying differently for the same service.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote