Thread: New Computer
View Single Post
Old 22-03-2020, 14:59   #41
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: New Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
I forget if shub1 has gigabit ethernet ports if it does on the bundle that beaker is on, his wifi may 'look' nicer (not sure how an ethernet lead is unsightly but...) but it won't be as fast as a wired connection. So he's paying for a service and then restricting the performance and speed available for the sake of looking nice.

I don't get the obsession with Wi-Fi on anything that isn't a phone or tablet personally, ho hum.
Some people don't like to see unnecessary cabling. Also, depending on physical circumstances, Ethernet, while desirable, may not be practical. For instance, I prefer to use Ethernet, but haven't implemented it all over the house because I do not want cables running all over the house, and don't want the disruption caused by fitting proper sockets in every room. It's something I'll likely look at again when I eventually get round to rewiring the electrical sockets.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote