View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 09:15   #532
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Sir Keir Starmer elected as new Labour leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
So as i have already voted by mail i can say this. As long i am able to draw breath i will never vote for a Labour party who allowed there leader to take us into a war based on a lie and a leader who fully supported the IRA. That alone makes them not worth my vote.
Trouble is if you apply this criteria to every election, you'll never vote for any but newly-formed parties. Would you vote for a Party that upheld slavery? Would you vote for a party that signed the Munich agreement? How far back do you go in the history of a political party to find a policy or action that you vehemently disagree with.

As someone who has voted for several parties (Conservative, Green, Labour, Liberal Democrat, Independent) I take a view at each election and use my vote accordingly. I don't treat political parties like football teams who get your unstinting support from cradle to grave regardless of their performance.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote