View Single Post
Old 29-11-2012, 19:25   #4
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The death of analogue radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Rumours of the death of FM have been exaggerated ...

In my house I can tune to BBC radio 4 on my Freesat box, on the computer, on a DAB radio and on an FM radio and get four different opinions on when it's time for the World at One.

I LOL at the DAB adverts being run by the BBC at the moment, with the comedy 70s black puppet talking about its "honey sweet sound". DAB is anything but. A good FM signal is vastly superior.

They are never going to be able to get rid of FM. Radio and TV are two completely different media, used in completely different ways. People hang radios in their showers, they keep compact wind-up or solar radios on the windowsill for emergencies, they have them in their car dashboards, in their alarm clocks, their watches, phones, MP3 players ... There are billions of the things, and almost none of them can be adapted with a set-top box cheap enough to be a viable alternative to buying a completely new radio.
time to put them in the loft with the betamax player