View Single Post
Old 29-11-2012, 18:18   #1
Waldo Pepper
Inactive

Waldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation era
The death of analogue radio

Using a basic FM radio tuned to any BBC station and the pips always came in bang on time.

Tonight I noticed they were 40 seconds behind on my Squeezebox radio vs my clocks, atomic watch, PC & Nexus and the VM box.

I dug out a digital clock I wrote the software for and made in the 90's that I know is spot on to prove my point.

Something I hadn't considered with Internet services like radio.

Promise this is not a case of OCD but more an observation that had me a bit confused until I realised I listen to Internet radio via my Logitech system.

Once we lose the analogue radio then we will all be out a tadge if like me you use it to synchronise clocks etc. I also wouldn't want to be in a siege situation where one had used his Ipod to set his clock for an attack launch
Waldo Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote