Thread: British culture
View Single Post
Old 21-04-2021, 16:23   #12
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: British culture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
OK, here's a 'for instance' for you

My next door neighbour (neighbor*) is a Sikh, really nice chap, well liked by all around here (white middle class 3 bed detached area).

The reason he moved here from a different part of town . . in his words . .

"Too many of those Polish people moved in to where I was, always fighting and causing trouble, no good for people like me"

*American spelling, this board rejects the English one.
I've had that about 9 years ago, in a Hospital waiting room talking to a man of Pakistani descent, and complaining about them taking the local jobs. Now I didn't have an issue with that because I had no reason to assume the guy wasn't born in Britain, in which case if he has an opinion on an fairly recent influx of immigrants, his opinion is just as valid as a white British person's