View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 13:23   #6038
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Strange how your deadlines seem to change year depending on which year fits your narrative OB.
2035 remains the goal. I said back in 2015 that in 20 years' time, the linear channels would no longer exist. I'm not altogether understanding what you think has changed. 20 years from 2015 is 2035 unless my maths is letting me down.

---------- Post added at 13:21 ---------- Previous post was at 13:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
If it's any consolation I wouldn't trust you to budget for the week. We'd run out of money by the Wednesday because you didn't realise we didn't have infinite income and that the limited income had to correspond to outgoings.
Tell that to the Netflix and Amazon CEOs. Clearly, you know so much more than them. I am sure they would greatly appreciate your counsel and wind up their companies immediately.

---------- Post added at 13:23 ---------- Previous post was at 13:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Don't forget about Amazon run their business with a clear business model though as its strange that they have had many chances to blow Sky and BT out of the water up to now but have chosen not to do so based on the simple reason that it does not fit their profitable business model.
No, for the simple reason that there have been so many technical difficulties with streaming.