View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 12:38   #5953
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Popular doesn't equal profit, or a business model Old Boy. I thought you'd have known that by now.

Far from me having the mental block it is you. People continue to watch live TV (and adverts) despite having the technology at their fingertips to never have to do such a thing ever again.

If it isn't important to see things "live" or "near live" they could save up entire series and binge watch at their leisure. On demand, an excellent example of where viewers can presently deviate from linear, further increases the flexibility around this.

Yet people continue to watch live TV as part of the mix. I ask again, what makes streaming so special as a delivery model to achieve what PVRs and On Demand cannot?
Popular gets subscribers, so popular does equal profit. Of course people are still viewing scheduled tv - I never said they were not. What I am saying is that the trend is pointing very much towards what I have been saying will happen for some time now.

Scheduled TV is restrictive. It is nothing like as convenient as on demand viewing. However, I get that you are happy with the status quo.

---------- Post added at 12:38 ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You could say that about half the threads on here SnoopZ.
And your responses are just as predictable, Den!