View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 10:44   #5948
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
To the end user they can watch what they want, when they want (subject to it being broadcast). I don't see how that's any different from watching what they want, when they want, subject to it being uploaded by the streamer.

It's another form of delivery, that is all.

Of course it couldn't kill off broadcast television (in my view nothing will in the medium to long term) but the flexibility to the viewer is fundamentally the same.
I think you have a mental block with this. Once a programme is broadcast, it's lost if you haven't recorded it. Whereas once a programme is on Netflix, it's there for a long time and you can see every programme in the series.

A lot of people don't have recorders, and even those that do fail to record much. Those that do can run out of space and it can be a constant juggle to ensure there is room left for new stuff coming through.

Streaming does not require recording space and all the programmes you identify as worth watching are just there, waiting to be viewed.

Having to record everything in advance is just a pain, and the sooner everything is there on demand, the better, as far as I am concerned.

To be talking about the end of Netfix when it is the most popular streamer in the world is your fantasy.