View Single Post
Old 21-07-2019, 14:25   #6129
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
My local gardener takes £30 to cut the hedge that is 3 cuts a year £90
So my husband might manage to cut the grass , as the gardener takes £20 each cut, So that is what we will do , a lot cheaper than the council,, they want £320 for the season for grass and hedge cutting,

I hate to see neglected gardens ,but I believe if you have paid factoring charges and rates and taxes all your days ,surely over 80s could get it done for free, Why does Glasgow City Council do it for people with bought houses and others do not,?
I don't know whether there is a branch of Age Concern UK near to you but I contacted them for a friend and they put her in touch with a guy who now cuts her lawn for a lot less than the gardener who she first contacted out of the local paper. If you do have a local branch they may also know of any other organisations that could help.

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/services/in-your-area/