View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 18:37   #2171
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread.

I get a letter from the DWP on the 20th April (Saturday - Easter Weekend). Asking for me to attend an interview assessment (for ESA) on the 2nd of May. I asked to be assessed at home on the paperwork but they decided that I had to see them instead.

So had to wait till Tuesday (23rd April) to call them to ask why and they told me to get a letter from the GP outlining why I should be assessed at home and then send it to them for consideration. So I call the GP and even with a £30 charge for the letter it will take them 10-12 working days to write it....

I had to cancelled the assessment the day before I was due to attend as you are allowed to cancel once only. My wife picked the letter up from the GP today and now I hope that they get a copy of the letter before they send out another appointment that can not be altered or changed. What a crazy, stupid and stressful situation.

The GP letter has stated they've sent numerous letters on my behalf for ESA and PIP and they they are getting annoyed too. Seems like they don't take their information into account by the looks of it.