View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 07:25   #1471
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Let me solve those question's.
I am 63 years old, and have had the winter fuel allowance since l was sixty.
You can work - only part time though. I was told that by a mate of mine, who gets his pension BUT, if you work over certain hours - he loses parts of his pension

I work full time, and get a full wage. BUT have been told that l cannot retire until 66 years old. BUT, my contract is up at 65. BUT can continue due to the Age and Equality Act

I would rather continue working. I have been unemployed four times in my life, and its hard. And you are just a number.

My scarist thing is when l retire is how do l support my wife, you cannot survive on the state pension, and the small pension l get now is £60 per month BUT that has tax of £15 pds taken out

All my bills have gone up - but nothing else. I am not lazy, but now bone are starting to creak. And the point will come is when l cannot get out of bed.

Am l angry, yes. OAP's are treated very badly in this country. And l don't know why - maybe because they are vulnerable and cannot answer back. And Osborne will make sure they will suffer.
ahh its all clear now
your not on your own worrying what your going to live on in retirement ,you go from a good wage down to a pittance of an income and the cost of every day living is so expensive .