View Single Post
Old 21-11-2017, 16:18   #152
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
According to Phenix, there is a growing reluctance by viewers to sign up to streaming services for live sporting events due to latency issues.

Given that streaming is being seen as the way for the future, this will have to be resolved without delay.

Does anyone get this with the Virgin Media V6? I used to get awful problems with the BBC i-Player on my old Tivo, with freezing, stuttering, etc, but no problems at all with the V6s.

I'd like to think that with decent equipment, sufficient Mbs, and decent signal distribution within the home, we would not suffer from these problems.

http://advanced-television.com/2017/...ive-streaming/

And yet the way to watch the Olympics this year if you want full coverage, will be through the Eurosport Player.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2017...osport-player/
I am not surprised ! NFL Gamepass has been pretty poor this year and many users have been given a 25% refund. The problems have been across all sorts of platforms, which is very poor considering it has been available for many years from the NFL.
I have often thought about using it myself , but as long as Sky have exclusive live rights to the playoffs there is no point.

Last edited by alwaysabear; 21-11-2017 at 16:22.