View Single Post
Old 11-06-2021, 20:31   #275
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era
Re: The future of television

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I think we all appreciate that as a market matures, the growth is less fast and eventually flattens out.

It also flattens because the streamers aren't reaching the viewers who prefer to watch scheduled programmes rather than seeking it out on demand. It will possibly start to dip for established streaming services as more entrants join the streaming market and competition kicks in.

---------- Post added at 20:31 ---------- Previous post was at 20:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I don't have a dog in this particular fight,

but just thought I'd drop this here for you.

https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2021...ely-happening/

"He gave the example of “the sub-35 year-olds,” and said that half of this age group in the UK do not engage with national broadcasters on a regular basis, instead opting for YouTube."

The trend of sub-35 year olds preferring YouTube to broadcasters will be a problem for all broadcasters, whatever the platform. Growing up with short form videos and TikTok content doesn't really help to develop their attention span.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote