View Single Post
Old 18-05-2021, 11:13   #109
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Question Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
They’ll probably stay on the course they’re at right now - while others are desperately aiming for scale and breadth I think they’ll just build their tv platform at a steady pace, picking up star driven projects like Killers of The Flower Moon and prestige shows like Masters Of The Air… not sure I agree with the idea that’s they’re ‘short on content’ - they’re not likely to make a big acquisition of a catalogue and more likely to divert that money to more original material that’s more old school HBO that’s driven by quality and quantity.
I haven't paid a penny for Apple TV + yet nor would I , there's a reason they haven't charged those who got it free yet and that's because the offering isn't very compelling for the current fiver they charge.

---------- Post added at 11:13 ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
For a long time I've often thought one of the big US companies would make a move for Sony. Apple could certain afford it and they'd suddenly own TV channels, all kinds of media (audio & video), a nice gaming console as well as electronics and image sensors etc etc
I would pretty much agree , there is certainly a decent acquisition by Apple going to happen at some stage I think.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote