View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 20:23   #6048
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
No they are not, as you well know. Not for the first time, I feel compelled to remind you what you said the first time you brought this subject up, early in 2015:

Post 63, in this thread: https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...php?t=33699901

“10+ years” on from 2015 (ie sometime after 2025) is a freaking great big difference to around 2035, as you’ve been postulating more recently.

I know you’ll never admit it but the arguments presented here, and the realities in the TV marketplace, have forced you to shift your goalposts significantly. Which is no shame, by the way, it’s a perfectly reasonable outcome of any discussion.
Ah, is that the source of the confusion? What I was referring to was access to broadband at an appropriate speed. I did say that very clearly in the quote.

I have always said that I believe that scheduled channels will be no more by 2035. The evidence of that is there on my past posts.

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
And the outcome won't fit your very narrow narrative as it has quite clearly failed to do in these last 10 years but there is nothing like moving the goalposts when it suits your convenient agenda.
Ok, then, Den, indulge me. What exactly did I say would happen in those 10 years that has not happened?

Sky Atlantic is the only forecast that didn't come about that I can think of, old chap.