View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 16:40   #6046
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
What exactly has changed? My goalposts are in exactly the same position as they have always been.
No they are not, as you well know. Not for the first time, I feel compelled to remind you what you said the first time you brought this subject up, early in 2015:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well, I would say that the situation I have described is better because you don't have to be a slave to the decisions of the programme schedulers - you can see the programme whenever you want to - and you don't have to put up with all those advertisements.

I appreciate that there are things that need to be sorted out first, such as giving everyone access to broadband at an appropriate speed, but I do think that this is about 10 years + away. I'm sure it will come, though.
Post 63, in this thread: https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...php?t=33699901

“10+ years” on from 2015 (ie sometime after 2025) is a freaking great big difference to around 2035, as you’ve been postulating more recently.

I know you’ll never admit it but the arguments presented here, and the realities in the TV marketplace, have forced you to shift your goalposts significantly. Which is no shame, by the way, it’s a perfectly reasonable outcome of any discussion.