View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 19:47   #22
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: Flat Earth Society

Quote:
Quote from "Trial of Faith":

‘True, but only if they had cause to think that the world is a globe, they might frightened of falling off the edge if they think the world is flat.’
‘But it is so obviously a globe’
‘To you and I, especially once the sorcerers had the arguments correct’

It had been over five hundred years ago that Karen the sorcerer had deduced the fact that their world was a globe, the argument went like this: If the earth is flat then if I watch a ship sail away it should just get smaller and smaller with distance until it is just a dot on the horizon. But this is not what happens, it is true that the vessel gets smaller but the sea starts to obscure the hull, then the sails until finally all one can see is the mast top which then disappears. This can only happen if the surface of the sea is curved as on a globe. He had even gone on to make an estimate of the size.
First book of the Prince Peter Trilogy. (Unpublished)