Thread: US Timeline Stargate Origins
View Single Post
Old 15-05-2018, 18:33   #48
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Stargate Origins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
(For the record, I thought it was ok, nothing spectacular, but then what do you expect on a small budget).
it isn't just the production quality, it is the fact that it contradicts or ignores lots of the things we already know about Stargate. Stargate like Star Trek is a series with a scientific foundation and they established some science and "rules" about it. If someone else comes along and changes those rules without explanation then it doesn't make sense, isn't real (my realism factor) and spoils the series. I have already mentioned the fact that they cant pronounce naquadah, there was something which bugged me about the staff weapons but I can't remember what it is was but here is another corker for anyone considering watching it and would like to know what they are letting themselves in for:

We know that in order to establish a wormhole the Stargate need a massive power source such a naquadah generator or a huge lightning blast (millions of vaults). Despite that established science and energy requirements, in Stargate Origins they get it going by hooking it up to a car battery. I wish Catherine told the SGC and SG1 that in the future because they could have saved themselves tonnes of time and carried one around in their backpack for emergencies, it sure would have come in handy.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote