View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 13:01   #5240
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You have a knack for reading into my posts stuff that isn't there. No, I don't think the advertising on streaming services is inevitable. I do, however, think it is likely that most of them will offer a free or reduced cost alternative with ads. That seems to be the sensible way to go.

I stand by what I said about our main players traditionally having a more national rather than international outlook, but of course that has now started to change with the overwhelming competition they are facing from the global players.
You’re watching the same events but coming to a radically different understanding. It’s not outside pressures consolidating the market - indeed what’s the point in Comcast paying a fortune to buy Sky if it’s a dying market anyway? It’s the huge potential, as a hugely profitable market leader, that Sky will continue to have for years to come. Something none of the streamers appear to have a clear plan for.