View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 12:39   #60
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Thousands sign petition to get IDS to prove anyone can live on £7 a day

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
So basically you're saying it doesn't matter what he does then, a tory voter will support whatever regardless if its right or wrong or no matter the effect? It has to be 'Labour activists' doesn't it to disagree. It also show how much you care about what really goes on..

Lets be honest then here, can you live on £53 a week (and not just for 1 week either). Just making excuses for his behalf doesn't say much. So you're also saying nothing has changed over the years that the standard cost of living is still the same as when he came out of the army so you basically trying to ignore the truth that everything has changed... Okay....

And now for the envy (very snide of you, but so wrong), I've rather be myself and in my situation than that cretin. But it can also show you for what you believe in as well if you think that way.

Why not let him prove these doubters. But I think we all know how it'll end up if it did happen. Maybe it would be best to avoid the truth again. Afterall we all know what you think of these kind, caring and listening people.
I care about the economic health of the country, which if it is good will provide the right environment for those who work hard to get on, do well and, who knows, earn enough to drive a nice car like IDS.

I look at those who have done well as success stories to learn from and perhaps emulate, not hate figures to be envied and punished.

This country cannot afford its benefits bill. The bill has to come down. But even with these changes the bill is not coming down, its increase has merely been slowed a bit.

I've been on jobseeker's, and within the last 4 years, and without the extra safety net of HB as I own my own house. The only reason I still have my own house is that I've not spent my life sucking up credit like sweeties and tried to do only what I could afford. These days I'm self employed, earning not very much but increasing year on year.

I know all about the benefits system and what it's like to live on it and I still think IDSis doing the right thing for the right reasons. Though I am fully aware that the very fact that I agree with IDS will be more than enough reason for some of you to discount my own experiences of the benefit system as somehow invalid, or less important than your own, just the same as you rush to discount IDS's own experience of the system.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote