View Single Post
Old 27-05-2020, 21:53   #12
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Only 8 Downstream channels, and getting 200Mbps, not the promised 400Mbps.

I think most of that is absolute rubbish and he is trying to put you off for a couple of weeks to get you out of the cancellation window. I don't know whether that is 7 days or 14 days etc. There might be a random quality control process where a specified number of calls are routinely screened but you are not telling me if VM get a complaint (and think of the legal ramifications) they'll say "sorry, we listened to a phone call from that dude last week so we can't do anymore". Retentions' job is to retain customers and each agent will speak to hundreds if not thousands of customers every month. Are you telling me that once he or she gives away 10 discounts on day one that they can't do anything else for the rest of the month? I don't think so. I hate bs like this.

Depending on how much you want this issue resolved and how high you are prepared to go you can email the CEO's office. I have had to do it before. Despite the excuses you get from lower down telling you everything is impossible, the CEO's office can make mountains move.

tom.mockridge@virginmedia.co.uk

Send a very nice and polite email to that address explaining what has happened, be very specific about dates of calls and exactly what you were told. Then tell them how disappointed you are and what you see to be a satisfactory resolution. Tom Mockridge obviously won't get back to you directly. You'll receive an email confirming receipt of yours and then somebody will contact you by phone soon so discuss the issue and they will be english so you should make headway.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote