Thread: UK Timeline Doctor Who
View Single Post
Old 19-05-2022, 12:38   #709
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Depends how good an actor he is I guess and how good the stories are.
Mostly this.
Much of the last three series have been poor, the first was largely in your face PC, applied with a sledge hammer, the next series changing the entire history/backstory of the doctor for no reason, and the last series was just incomprehensible garbage. The "Doctor" has become a babbling narrator who spends far too much time wielding a "sonic".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I don't think viewers will care that much.
See above.
If the stories are great, and the doctor [and companions] are played well, then yes, viewers will happy (inc me). If it carries on being poor, they will care, and blame the choices - much like many did with Capaldi, I didnt mind him, my wife didnt like him as the doctor. JFYI, both she (and my mum) think Jodi has been a very poor doctor, and both gave up even trying to understand "the flux".

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote