View Single Post
Old 15-12-2017, 17:27   #4031
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I've used BT Sport , Now TV , Sky Go , NFL Network , TV Anywhere , NHL and all have fallen over at some point and usually at times of high demand.

Many of them offer so called HD Picture quality but in my experience this is some way short of that of the HD linear channel.
I've used BT Sport, Now TV and NFL Gamepass amongst those, in the past Now TV and NFL Gamepass have had their issues but I've never received anything but a perfect service from BT Sports online player.
I haven't had any errors from any of my sports streaming services for a few months (even at high demand times) and to their credit the NFL gave me a 20% refund on my season pass when earlier in the year their recently outsourced service didn't work one Sunday (its been perfect since) and Now TV have given me 3 months free Sky Sports for helping them identify a glitch in their sports service.
I would admit none of those 3 are as good as broadcast HD but are a damn sight better than broadcast SD, if I were to rank them on picture quality the NFL service would be first and the closest to broadcast HD, BT sports second (hampered by its lowish bitrate) and Now TV 3rd (hampered by its 25 fps framerate).

I realise how good sports streaming services can be by being fortunate enough to use some services from the USA, despite having to counteract geo-restrictions when I use these I get a service without faults and with a picture quality on a par with UK broadcast HD if not better on some occasions (ESPN at 12500 kpbs is most definitely better than I've seen from a UK sports broadcaster).