Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 21-06-2019, 15:00   #3581
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Are you seriously suggesting that these people had not figured out the narrative behind that question? It is not me being disingenous or duplicitous here, Hugh.

---------- Post added at 14:04 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

Vintage maybe, but so true. That one act set the scene for the serious situation we faced when the economic crash came, which led to the austerity. It is important that people remember that, just as it is important to remember that the electorate voted to leave the EU.

---------- Post added at 14:06 ---------- Previous post was at 14:04 ----------

It is not a lie. Are you trying to re-write history? Of course he sold off our gold reserves. Economically, so inept.

---------- Post added at 14:17 ---------- Previous post was at 14:06 ----------

I think you are deliberately ignoring the point that he cashed in the gold and squandered the money. Had he invested it, this debate would not be happening.

As for Article 28, perhaps you need to read this for yourself instead of relying on what the leavers are saying. Of course we need to agree the triggering of Article 28, but given that both sides want a trade deal, there would be no disagreement on both sides agreeing what they wanted from this and setting out the extent of the negotiations that had yet to be carried out. Given that the protection period lasts for up to 10 years, there's plenty of time to sort out the backstop.

Instead of finding imaginary obstacles, surely it would be a better use of this thread to discuss ways in which the decision of the electorate can actually be implemented.

---------- Post added at 14:19 ---------- Previous post was at 14:17 ----------

He eventually sold all the assets. There was nothing left when the coalition took over in 2010. They said so themselves, just as they did in 1979.
Yoi say "potato", I say "reality"...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.